Bump with red area above elbow without pain. Cause.

I have a bump with a red area that surrounds it on my right arm just above the elbow. Was wondering what it was and if I should go to urgent care? I first noticed it this morning and the red area has grown a little bit over the last 12 hours but not very much. The area is a little tender and the white portion in the middle hurts. My arm does not hurt and I am not running a fever.

Did you have any trauma in that site? Or was there a hair follicle at that site, or was there any shaving done in that area? It looks like an abscess and if the size stabilises then local application of Neosporin or Mupirocin ointment will be helpful. But if it keeps increasing in size, it may need an incision and drainage by a general surgeon.
These kind of swellings are common with infected hair follicles, which occur secondary to shaving, due to Staph. Aureus infection.
So to summarise you don't need to go to urgent care right away. Start applying the ointment, for which you need a prescription from a local physician. In case the size keeps increasing, then you need to visit the ER for an Incision and Drainage.

I haven't done any shaving in the area. Black widows and other spiders are however very common in my area so I was worried it might be a spider bite. This morning the white blister in the center has grown a millimeter or two while the larger red area seems to be about the same size.

In case of a black widow spider bite, the symptoms will be more generalised such as chills, fever, headache, and the redness and swelling will keep on increasing.
Also the good thing most such spider bites can't break through the skin. It happens very rarely and when it does the bite has to be pretty severe, in which case you would have definitely noticed.
The growing white blister indicates pus, so i will advise you to start apllying Neomycin or Mupirocin ointment. If possible also clean the area with betadine solution first before applying the ointment.
It is a skin infection secondary to staphylococcus aureus. 3-4 days of ointment application will be able to bring down the swelling.