Can D&C show ENDOMETRIAL CANCER in uterus?

I have a question about the d and c I just had. Can a D and C show if you have cancer of the uterus (endometrial) cancer during the procedure or does it only show when the tissue  is analyzed after its taken away? I wondered as I had one on Monday and the doctor said my lining of the uterus looked normal. Does this mean the chances of having endometrial cancer are very low? I'm just wondering as my mom and sister had this endometrial cancer and I have been having abnormal bleeding and I am 47. There were only two tiny polyps found during the procedure on the uterus so I am wondering what the bleeding could be from. Is it possible also some women bleed extra and a cause is not determined.  I have to wait three weeks for the results. Over a year ago I had endometrial biopsy and it was fine but they only had a limited sample that was mostly blood so doctor said a d and c might show answers. 

Conclusively speaking, only once the tissue is analyzed can it be said for sure that a cancer is present or absent.
Sometimes, endometrial cancer can be picked up by the naked eye on visualization and at times it comes up only on the histopathology report.
But yes, if the appearance was normal , mostly the chances of having an endometrial cancer are very low.
The polyps could be responsible for the bleeding.
Also, the bleeding could be due to mild hormonal imbalance, which is common at perimenopause.
SO you do not need to worry.
A D and C is much more reliable than an endometrial biopsy.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Thank you, that is helpful. If my bleeding continues, given my age, I am not too eager to take pills such as birth control as i am concerned about the effects of them. Is it ok to let it just go on, i dont really want a hysterectomy but i am wondering if daily bleeding is unsafe in the long run? It isnt extensive bleeding maybe it fills a pad every day, except for my regular periods which are heavy and that is apparently because i have the start of adenomyosis.

In this situation typically cyclical progesterone pills are given ( not conventional birth control pills which contain estrogen also ) .
They are quite safe, and can be easily taken for a few months if the situation indicates.
Another good option is to have the intrauterine device called Mirena inserted, which will also lessen bleeding.
Thank you for the appreciation.