Can I transmit GENITAL WARTS VIRUS by shaking hands?

If I have genital warts and I touch my penis and then shake someone's hand not long after can I transmit the virus?

Thanks,

Thank you for posting your query at Doctorspring.com

Since the hand has keratinized tissue, it takes repeated contact for the hand to transmit genital warts.
So in your case, there is nothing to be worried about.

Both hands need repeated contact?

Yes there should be a repeated contact where you touch the genital warts and then shake someone's hands. Otherwise the transmission does not occur just by a one time touch. Also the virus causing warts in the genital area is different from the one that causes warts on the hand.

So the person's hand that I shake doesn't become a vehicle(carrier) from a one time touch?

Thank you for the follow up.
No one time touch is virtually the same as no touch. It needs multiple repeated contacts.