CARCINOMA INSITU even after BCG treatment. Next treatment?

I am a 70yo white male
I have carcinoma in situ
I have under went 6 BCG treatments
and the follow up bioscopy results
show carcinoma in situ

what would your next form of treatment be

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Usually Carcinoma in situ of the bladder is treated with local excision followed by BCG administered in intervals.
When follow up cystoscopy reveals persistence of disease further management is based on the extent , surgical tolerance , age , depth of invasion , feasibility of alternate chemo and grade of disease .
Kindly send the complete set of reports to guide you appropriately. Hope you concern is addressed.
Kind regards.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.