Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Cause for lumps near nose and cheek.

Resolved Question:

I have had these areas on my face beside my nose, towards my cheek, that look like lumps. They are fleshed colored. I notice them in all my pictures and my friend occasionally ask me what it is. My dermatologist just brushed it off and didnt really have an answer for what they are. But I feel like the areas are getting bigger, or I am just more self conscious of them now. Just wondering if someone might be able to actually tell me what it is instead of just brushing it off. Thank you.

Category: Dermatologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
 25 Doctors Online


Thanks for posting your query at I can understand your concern.

It seems like urticaria that you have got in that area. Does the lump come and go?

It usually occurs due to an allergy to something that you might be coming in contact with.

I would recommend that you take an anti histamine to reduce the inflammation in that area. It's called allegra. You can also apply cortisone cream once a day for a week to see if it helps. You can stop it if you see no change.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Take care

Patient replied :

I have noticed the bumps for the past year and they seem to be getting larger. At least to me they are appearing to be more noticeable. I have been trying the cortisone cream for a few days and the antihistamine and have noticed no change. The bumps do not come and go, they are always there. I guess for appearance wise I dont want them to continue to get larger. Would urticaria always be there or does it come and go. And if the cream and antihistamines do not work is there something else that might be advised. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your reply.
Urticaria would come and go. If it's persistent, it's unlikely to be urticaria. It could be something else. With the picture, its a bit difficult to diagnose since I cannot examine it physically.
I would recommend that you visit another dermatologist who can examine it and if required do a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.
It definitely is visible and requires some treatment.
Please let me know if you have any other queries.
Take care.

Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news