Cause of change of nail colour to white.GENADUR.

I have a nail problem. I have been to dermatologists and they never tell my what is. Its like if my nails fissure and changed of color, from the natural one to someone whiter. One dermatologist gave me a nail laquer that its name is Genadur. Some doctors asked my if I drink and I have said yes but socially, only on weekends and no too much. Please see pictures attached. Thanks.

I had a look at the nails but I couldn't note the fissures. You do have vertical lines but that's considered normal. However, I would request you to send me a picture of your nails before you feel you got the fissures and also the chance in colour, so I can get a better idea of the change in the nails.

Ok, I am sending pictures and I cannot upload them. cant you dend me your email. Thanks.

Thanks for the images.

You don't seem to be having any other pathology in the nails except brittleness of the nails. The vertical lines can occur even in normal individuals and do not always suggest anything specific.

The color change that you mention didn't appear to be significant enough to take any treatment or suggest a major pathology.

I would recommend that you take supplements of the vitamin called biotin daily for three months.

That should help reduce the brittleness of the nails.