Chances of HERPES transmission by putting BLISTER FLUID in mouth.

someone put blister fluid in my eyes from a herpes sore inside their mouth, what are the chances of transmission?

Category: Infectious Disease Specialist

Any such contact of fluid from the herpes sore, with the eyes has a good chance of transmission of herpes. Depends on what is the present condition of the sore, how long has the person suffering from, e.t.c
Can you kindly elaborate what happened?

The person broke open a blister of herpes and put it in my eyes. Am I 100 percent going to get it?

No, the chances of transmission from one such exposure is not 100 %. It is not more than 10-20 % actually. Only repeated exposures are a cause of concern.

I had an unprotected sex encounter 4 weeks and 1 day ago. At about 3 weeks after the encounter I had a blood test cbe and it came back normal. Is that a good sign I don't have hiv because my white blood cells are normal?Also I've had no flu like symptoms, except a mild headache for a few days.

You need to intiate a new consult if you want to consult further, as this consult is over a month old, and hence will be closed by the system.
InHouse Physician.