Chances of positive urine test after having ALCOHOL in morning.

Hello - I had one and a half units of alcohol today at 7.45am and a urine test at 1.45pm. Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I understand that you have your urine tested in the afternoon after a bout of drinking in the morning.
May I know the reason for the urine test?
Alcohol consumption generally does not have any influence on a routine urine analysis.

If you specify the urine test done and the reason for testing, I might be able to help you better.

On a general note, drinking 1.5 units of alcohol in the morning is an unhealthy sign and might indicate dependence/abuse. In that case, you would require professional help.

I hope this was helpful for now. Feel free to ask follow-ups.

i wouldn't usually drink in the morning. We had a celebration the night before and opened a bottle of champagne between 3 of us. I was doing the dishwasher and drank a small glass of champagne left over from the night before.

I had a pre work medical which included a irine sample. My breath test and immediate irine test were clear - for alcohol (breath test) as well as drugs (urine sample). I think that the urine sample is also sent off for testing residual alcohol. I told them I had a drink the night before but I am concerned about the drink in the morning.

Please can you help?
Kindregards
Clair

Hello Ms. Clair.

Thank you for the clarification.

Since you have already mentioned having a drink during the night, there is no need to worry.
With a clear breath and immediate urine test, and the amount you have consumed, this coming out positive is highly unlikely.
Even if residual alcohol levels are raised a bit, the drink in the night can just as well be responsible for it. So no questions will be asked.

I hope that addresses your concern.
Let me know if I can assist you any further.

Kind regards.