Chronic Seizure Disorder.

I am taking following medicines Daily for a long time and are for life for seizure

I was just anxious to know if I can donate Blood ?

TorLeva - 250 Mg -
Frisium - 5 mg -
Feliz - 20 mg -
Trioptal - 300mg -

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.

To give blood you must be healthy, weigh atleast 110 pounds and should not have donated blood in the last 56 days.

Your tablets do not disqualify you for blood donation provided you have not had any epileptic (seizure) attack in the last 3 months.

As long as your healthy, with no infections, blood pressure (diastolic) below 100 and (systolic) below 180, you can donate blood. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit will be measured before you donate blood.
If your haemoglobin is at or above 12.5 g/dL and hematocrit at or above 38% you can donate blood.

BUT practically there is high chance that you might be DENIED the opportunity to be donor. This is because the blood banks usually take a zero risk approach. Since there is always a possibility that seizure might occur, it is a risk most blood banks are not willing to take.

I hope this has helped.
Goodluck
Thankyou