Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.
I would like some additional information from you so that I can provide my best and learned opinion.
1. Would you / he call this pain a 'headache' or is more superficial ?
2. Is there pain , watering of eyes, nose or allergy like symptoms ?
3. Any visual disturbances ?
4. Have you tried any medications ? Any relief with painkillers ?
5. Any nausea or vomiting ?
6. For how long he is having this symptoms at what frequency ?
You can reply as a followup
Patient replied :
No he has allergies only takes allergy medicine. His eyes always waters from allergies. And no nausea or vomiting has been involved ...the symptoms have been going on for a week and he said it happens all day long starts the. Stops.
Thank you for the reply. The pain could be from a cluster headache or minor form of cluster headache. Since it is there only for a week you need not worry. He can take a OTC pain medication like Tylenol 250 mg when the pain happens.
The symptoms should resolve in less than 2 weeks. If it persists beyond that he will require further evaluation in form of a complete neurological evaluation. I will keep this consult open so that you can get back to me anytime.
If he has any sever symptoms, nausea, vomiting, weakness or numbness do get medical help without delay