Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Confused which doctor to consult.

Resolved Question:

Hello doctor I am male and suffering from a vd disease which I know but I am unable to think for the doctor that which doctor should I go for .What do I do .Tell me the next step that I should take?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
 19 Doctors Online

Thanks for your question and concern. As there are many types of disease present in human body like the genital warts which is although not a sexually transmitted diseases but it can get aggravated by involving in unprotected sex. Genital warts are caused by a virus which is known in medical term as Human papillomavirus.This virus is very common in STDs and the infection with genetial wart might not be obvious but there are possibility of it being spread to the perianal area.According to me you should get yourself consulted with your proctologist and if not then you can also go for a primary physician as there is very less chance of warts turning into vd. To prevent you from this disease try to spot the symptoms as early as possible as well as there are various methods which can be taken to prevent yourself from the symptoms.First and for most try to keep a control on the trasmission with your sexual partner, because the organs that has warts they themselves are so infectious so try to avoid touching them because in this there is no single treatment to prevent them from coming back. As if we talk in medical terms then these genital warts come and goes back on their own in about 10% to 20% of people but take a period of time you can say round about three to four months. If there are diseases there are treatment made so there are different treatment for this symptoms also like cryotherapy, electrodesiccation or laser .Behind all this if the symptoms of genitial warts are not fully treated with the proper therapy, in the initial one stage then I would suggest you to see a dermatologist for further treatment. According to me I would suggest you that if after initial therapy you still face with the same symptoms then you just consult your dermatologist near by your place and can have a talk for the alternative options there for the treatment.Take care

Dr. Steve Merris
Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center
Dr. Steve Merris and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news