Cough, tightness in chest after workout. ASTHMA?

Hello I am a 28yo f I have a history of asthma but have not had an attack in years. Today I completed a high intensity cardio workout. It has been over 5 hours that I completed this work out and I have developed a cough the kinda sound like a smokers cough and slight tightness in my chest. I am out of shape and this was my first workout session. During this workout I got a copper taste in my mouth and became dizzy and sob that went away after I rested a little. I am worried about the cough because it sound like I have fluid in my lungs.

The symptoms that you had ( tight feeling in the chest along with sudden onset coughing ), could be due allergic in origin. The chances of it being a chest infection is low, however can't be ruled out. Any recent history of fever with coughing?
The copper taste that you got in your mouth is indicative of mucus and it is possible that due to the allergy, the lung passage got filled immediately with mucus.
Do you have an idea about the things you're allergic too?
For the time being I will advise you to take Tab. Montelukast- Levocetrizine combination, and it will reduce the chest secretions as well as control the allergies. Also in case the cough persists, syrup ascoril can be taken twice daily.
Please update me whether the symptoms resolve after the medicine.

I do not have any allergies. I have never had any problems with allergies. Before my workout I had no symptoms. The copper taste in my mouth only appeared for a few minutes during a very intense part of the workout then left. I didn't get any symptoms until after the work out it started as a small cough. Then my chest became sore and tight as if I just has a big asthma attack although I didn't have one and lasted for hours. My cough then started to sound like I had fluid in my lungs and there was a rattling in my chest. My heart felt like it was pounding although the my hr was wnl.

Since you gave a history of asthma, which is allergic in origin, it makes sense that you got allergic and that led to a fluid layer in the lungs, which also typically leads to the copper taste ( metallic taste ) in the mouth.
Also how much do you weigh currently?
I will advise you to take Montek- LC, it will help in relieving the congestion.