Thank you for choosing Doctor Spring. Pain, swelling and redness over the toe with collection of blood under the nail is common with toe injury. Swelling and redness do not develop immediately after injury, it takes time and most likely to resolve naturally.
I have gone through the photographs. There are not obvious signs of infection.
Here are my recommendations:
1. Rest the toe without walking or standing whenever possible. Raise the toe to reduce swelling and pain.
2. You should place cotton between your injured toe and the adjacent toe, by putting a tape and plastering it. This way your healthy toe will act as a splint.
3. Better avoid wearing shoes, unless it becomes necessary for some time to let the toe heal.
4. You can apply ice pack for 15-20 minutes every couple of hours for relief from pain and swelling.
5. You can use OTC pain relievers like ibuprofen 400mg thrice daily for 3 days. This has anti inflammatory action too.
Yes, you can take Amoxycillin and it should suffice. Continued pain for more than 48 hours, discharge, fever, progressing discolouration are some danger signs you should look out for. In that case get in touch with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Do write to us for follow ups.