Elbow hurts after a fall

Hello. I had a question regarding my elbow. I was roller-skating like a month or two ago and I fell and hurt my elbow really bad. I only needed four stitches, and there is just a big scab there now. But it seems that even after all of this time, every time I bang it on accident on something, my elbow is in a lot of pain and I just want to scream it hurts so bad. What could this be and how can I fix it?

Hello, With reference to your query regarding the pain, which you are experiencing quite after an injury, when you went for roller-skating. This could be to due to number of causes. Elbow joint is a Hinge joint and comprises 3 long bones namely Humerus, Ulna and Radius. Movements, which are possible in this joint are Flexion, Extension, Pronation and supination. In addition to this you may get lateral epicondylitis or tennis elbow or medial epicondylitis or Golfers elbow, fractures, arthritis or Gout or bursitis or even sprain when there is injury to the ligament which can be treated by rest, ice, immobilization, compression and anti-inflammatory medications. There are other conditions, which can also cause elbow pain such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and even cellulitis can occur. Sometimes you can also get Septic arthritis, which is usually seen in diabetes, drug abusers, usually associated with fever and chills. Even bone cancer can occur. Sometimes, you may notice numbness and tingling of the little and ring finger when there is ulnar nerve entrapment. So after physical examination by the Orthopaedician, he may advise you to undergo arthroscopy, cortisone injection, CT scan and even MRI depending on the condition. Hope this helps. Thank you.