Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

What is this small lump, growth underside scrotum.

Resolved Question:

I would be grateful if you could tell me what the small lump / growth is on the underside of my scrotum. It is painless. Two pictures attached. One with skin pulled taught.

Category: Dermatologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 25 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
I understand your concern.
I ahve reviewed the images and it looks like hypertrophied skin as a result of intense itching. I need a few more details to confirm the diagnosis.
- Is this associated with itching?
- Any history of fungal infections in the past?
- Any propblems with erection?
- History of T2DM?
- Is there any associated pain?
Please reply and I will get back to you.

Patient replied :

There is no itching at all; no history of fungal infections; no erection problems; no t2dm; it's no painful aside from being slightly inflamed. The actual lump is painless and it is veined rather than round. I think perhaps the inflammation is from my underwear rubbing it?

A painless skin growth or lump over scrotum could be a wart, skin tag or steatocystoma. Unfortunately, the attached pics are not of good resolution. I am not able to see the lesion properly. I would request if you could send a better image for diagnosis and appropriate management.

Waiting for your response.

Patient replied :

Please find attached some clearer pictures

Thanks for sending new images. In the pics, I can see a well defined erythematous elevated lesion with slight scaling. Now such lesions can occur in eczematous dermatitis, healing phase of a furuncle/ boil and certain premalignant conditions like extramammary paget's disease or bowen's disease. Eczematous dermatitis lesions are usually itchy while a boil is usually painful. Paget's disease and bowen's disease would require skin biopsy. Frankly speaking your lesions need proper clinical evaluation as in dermatology what you see through naked eyes helps in making diagnosis.Just by going through the pics, I am not quite sure what your lesions could be. Bowen's and paget's are usually seen in patients who are usually over fifty years old patientof age and these spread gradually. My sincere advise would be to meet a dermatologist nearby.

Hope this helped.
Take care

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
M.D. from Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak in 2011 with Haryana State Dental & Medical Council
M.B.B.S from MLN medical college allahabad in 2006 with Uttar Pradesh Medical Council
Dr. Kalpana Pathak and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news