Dizziness in morning after CONCUSSION with normal CATSCAN.

I suffered a decent concussion just over two weeks ago. Had a CatScan three days after and everything came back looking normal according to the ER doctor. Everything has been fine for the last week and feeling pretty normal besides getting over a bug that I was taking antibiotics for. Friday morning I woke up and was feeling fairly significant dizziness. It lasted throughout the morning and subsided later that morning. Saturday morning I had some light dizziness but that was it. This morning (Sunday) I got up and have been experiencing some pretty significant dizziness again and had an upset stomach a few times already this morning from it. Any thoughts on what might be going on? I am planning on going into my primary care doctor tomorrow but is there anything I should be concerned about that would make this something I should goto the ER for today?

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have noted your symptoms and would like to reassure you that they are not suggestive of any serious disease.
A normal CAT scan has ruled out any brain haemorrhage, fracture, etc.
The cause of dizziness is a condition called as post-concussion or post-traumatic vertigo, and it needs only symptomatic treatment. You can take betahistine tablets to get relief from dizziness.
You can wait to see your primary care physician and there is no need to visit WER at this point in time.
I hope it helps.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist,

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995