Does NEAR DROWNING cause worn out and depression?

I nearly drowned about 4 months ago. Ever since I have been having serious problems concentrating, and always feel extremely tired and worn out, even in the morning after a long nights sleep. I have also been suffering depression since then as well... is it linked?

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I understand your concern an will do my best to help you.
Problems concentrating and excess fatigue are symptoms of depression. It indicates that your present treatment is inadequate.
- Was the near drowning an accident?
- Do you ever think of suicide?
- What is your current treatment regimen for the depression?
- Any other medical illness?
Please reply as a follow-up.

You will need an increase the dosage of the current medication/ a change in the medication and/ therapy for depression.

Feel free to ask queries.

Kind regards.

Yes, the near drowning was an accident, as witnessed to. I havent had suicidal thoughts, and I am not on any medication... and apart from the frustration of not being able to concentrate at work and feeling tired the whole time, I dont have any other known illness! Is it depression?

Thank you for your response.

Yes, it is part of depression. Poor concentration, excessive fatigue and low energy are all symptoms of depression.
Good to hear that you do not have any suicidal thoughts. These can be present in severe depression.
Like I mentioned before, you need a revision in your treatment for depression.
Please consult your treating doctor for an increase in dosage or change in medication. Also, you should start on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). It is highly effective in depression.
This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (thoughts) and tries to correct them. They are 15-20 minute weekly sessions and around 8-10 sessions should bring about a definite improvement in your condition.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
Kind regards.