Dear Ravinder & Naseeb,
Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I can understand your concerns. It must be a distressing situation for a parent. Before I can offer actual help, I need to clarify a number of things. You need to take out time to answer these questions in detail because it is definitely NOT a GASTRIC problem. Kindly go through each of these questions careully and discuss with your spouse before answering:
1. Three episodes of fainting followed by vomiting and sleepiness - You need to describe these three episodes in detail for me. What was the child doing at that time? Was the child crying prior to these episodes? Who has witnesses these episodes? Did it start abruptly? Did the child lose his muscle tone (meaning, if he was standing, did he fall down at the start of this fainting)? How long was this episodes of unconsciousness? Was there any abnormal movement of any part of the body or twitching of face? Did he have any frothing from mouth? Did he pass urine or stools during this episode? Did he awaken by self? After he woke up, what did he do or tell? How many episodes of vomiting occur and how much time after the episode? What else did you notice different about the child at that time? How long was he sleepy? Was he completely normal after waking up or did you notice any behavioral abnormality?
2. What was the time interval between these 3 episodes?
3. How is his neurological development? What all is he able to do at 34 months of age? Kindly list out in detail his motor milestones and language milestones..
4. What is his height and weight at 34 months of age?
5. Is there any family history of seizures or developmental delay? Please ask your parents (child' grandparents) to confirm that there are no relatives who had seizures during childhood or are currently on medications for seizures. It is important to ask about distant relatives as well.
6. Was your marriage a consanguineous one?
7. Does the child have any loss of previously acquired milestones?
8. What about the child's birth, antenatal and perinatal history? Is there anything that I should know?
9. Has the child had any other illnesses in these 34 months?
Dr. Saptharishi L G
Dr. Saptharishi L G