Tamil Nadu Medical Council – 88470/2009
DM Senior Resident, Department of Pediatrics, Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
Senior Residency: DM, Pediatric Critical Care, PGIMER
Residency: MD, Pediatrics, Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, 2013
Internship: JIPMER, 2009
Medical School: MBBS, Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, 2008
Awards & Honors
1. Mr. Ajay J Mathews Memorial prize for the ‘Best student of First year Medical School
2. Sri Sudhir Chandra Bhattacharya Memorial Endowment prize for the 'Best student of second year Medical school
3. Completed ‘Indian Council of Medical Research’ sponsored study titled, “Relationship between CETP gene polymorphisms and severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Tamilian population”. This study was presented at the JIPMER Scientific Society (JSS) and won the ‘Best paper award for the year 2007'.
4. First position in the National Finals of Psychiatry quiz organized by the Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS)
5. Completed the ‘Indian Council of Medical Research’ sponsored study titled “Community based randomized controlled trial of non-pharmacological interventions in the prevention and control of hypertension among young adults”. This study was presented at the All India Preventive and Social Medicine Conference- 2008 and won the Dr. Vijai Narain Memorial award for the 'Best paper of the conference'. This study was published in the Indian Journal of Community Medicine (IJCM). This study was presented at the Asia Pacific Medical Students Symposium 2009 (APMSS) held at Taipei, Taiwan. This research paper was selected as the Best paper of the Indian Journal of Community Medicine for the year 2009.
6. JIPMER Scientific Society Gold Medal for overall best performance in the subject of Medicine during second, third and final year of medical school.
7. Won numerous prizes and medals in final year of medical school - Dr V Udayaraj Gold medal, Mrs. S Santhoshwati Memorial prize, Smt. Nishamani Parija Endowment prize, Dr. Uvathy Memorial Endowment prize, Mrs. Susheela Selvaradjou Memorial prize, Dr. Vijay Kumar Moorthy Endowment prize.
8. Brigadier Nilakanthan Memorial prize for the Best student of Final year of Medical School.
9. Winner of 'The Best Intern of the batch of 2004' and 'The Best Outgoing Graduate of the batch of 2004' awards.
10. In the All India Post-graduate entrance examinations conducted by AIIMS and PGIMER, Chandigarh, secured 34th and 8th rank in the country in my first attempt.
11. National Post Graduate Quiz winner, 2013 organized by Indian Academy of Pediatrics
12. Secured Rank 1 in the DM entrance examination for Pediatric Critical Care at PGIMER, Chandigarh in June 2013
Indian Academy of Pediatrics
Pediatric critical care
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Dr. Saptharishi L G has 3 years of work experience in Pediatrics at the Advanced Pediatric Centre, PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has experience with all key aspects of Pediatric sub-specialties including Pediatric critical and emergency care , Neonatal Intensive care, resucitation, Pediatric Hemato-oncology, Pediatric Genetic- Metabolic, Child Psychology, Anthropology, Pediatric Pulmonology, Developmental Neurology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Allergy-Immunology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Dermatology, Pediatric radiology, and Pediatric Endocrinology.
He has further completed Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and the Basic Pediatric Intensive Care (BPIC) courses. Dr. Spatharishi has also obtained training in the “Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Care Ultrasound- Basic” organized at the ‘7th WINFOCUS World Congress on ultrasound in Emergency & critical care'.
1. Saptharishi LG, Soudarssanane M, Thiruselvakumar D, Navasakthi D, Mathanraj S, Karthigeyan M, Sahai A. Community-based Randomized Controlled Trial of Non-pharmacological Interventions in Prevention and Control of Hypertension among Young Adults. Indian J Community Med. 2009 Oct; 34(4): 329-34. PubMed PMID: 20165628; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2822195.
2. Subramanian H, Soudarssanane MB, Jayalakshmy R, Thiruselvakumar D, Navasakthi D, Sahai A, Saptharishi LG. Non-pharmacological Interventions in Hypertension: A Community-based Cross-over Randomized Controlled Trial. Indian J Community Med. 2011 Jul; 36(3): 191-6. PubMed PMID: 22090672; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3214443.
3. Saptharishi LG, Jayashree M, Singhi S. Development and validation of a bedside prediction score for nosocomial sepsis in the pediatric ICU: a prospective observational cohort study. Critical Care 2012; 16 (Suppl 3): P23.
1. Presented research paper titled “Community based randomized controlled trial of non-pharmacological interventions in the prevention and control of hypertension among young adults” at the ‘ASIA-PACIFIC MEDICAL STUDENTS SYMPOSIUM’ (APMSS) – International Students Congress, held at Taiwan in Feb 2009.
2. Presented research paper titled “Community based randomized controlled trial of non-pharmacological interventions in the prevention and control of hypertension among young adults” at the IAPSMCON (Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine Conference) held in Jan 2008 and won the Dr. VIJAI NARAIN memorial award for the BEST PAPER of the conference.
3. Presented my research work titled -“Relationship between CETP gene polymorphisms and severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Tamilian population” at the JIPMER Scientific Society (JSS 2007) meeting and won the best paper award.
4. Research paper titled – “Prediction of Nosocomial Sepsis in PICU by means of a bed-side scoring system – a prospective observational cohort study” was presented at the INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS – SEPSIS 2012, held at the Pasteur institute, Paris in November 2012.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine