Fever, cough, running nose, boating in stomach. Cause?

I have fever accompanied by cough, running nose and bloating/pain in the upper abdomen. I take paracetamol to keep the fever down and cough syrup for the cough.
Please advise.

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

Is there any change in stool consistency?
From the symptoms of cold and runny nose with fever, it seems like an upper respiratory tract infection, if the stool consistency is same, then medicines can be given for URTI. Sometimes an URTI can also cause bloating and indigestion symptoms.
When was the last time you got your LFT checked?
Kindly reply and I will get back to you.

Dr. Kini,
There was a change in stool consistency. I was going to loo 3 to 4 times a day and the bowel motion was watery with a lot of gas.
This got subsided after I started taking paracetamol and took to complete bed rest.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

HI,
Glad to know you have recovered. Let us know if you still have any problems.

Doc,
I haven't recovered. I am still having fever, with abdomen heaviness and a running nose.
I had my LFT done two months ago on 7th June. At the time, it seemed normal.
Please find the report uploaded and attached. What I am saying is that when I stick to bed, I don't feel like going to loo.
Please advise if it is related to Liver function or should I still get checked for respiratory tract infection.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 2 Days.

Thanks for sharing your reports. They are in normal limits. Your problem does not seem related to liver.
It seems mostly likely viral upper respiratory tract infection. Please take tab paracetamol 500 for 3 times a day for 3 days. Also, add tablet omeprazole once in the morning on empty stomach for your symptoms of indigestion. ORS solution may help for diarrhoea.
If symptoms persist please write me back.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University