Itching penis

I am 42 year old healthy and married man. I have normal sex life, but I am facing a problem from last week. I observed a little dryness on the foreskin and also on the shaft of my penis; these dry areas have dry flakes and they itch too. Once the itching starts, it takes more than half an hour to subside. Although I don’t feel any burning sensation while urinating, I am having lot of trouble due to this and am also worried for the possibilities of being infected with some STDs. 

As far as Itching on penis is concerned, it is not necessarily a sexually transmitted disease. What may be the case be is that either you have developed some infection or allergy. Most commonly, a yeast formation or a bacterial infection causes itching on the shaft of the penis. What you need to do is to keep the hygiene and wash your pubic area with antiseptic soap.  Also you can apply some medicated moisturising lotion and can apply on the penis. It will reduce the dryness and will probably reduce the dryness. Another thing which can be done is to wash your penis with salted water as it maintains the yeast balance.