Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic not on treatment with high sugars

I was diagnosed as a diabetic 3 years ago. Not 1 but 2. I haven't taken care of myself and been feeling bad. I took my levels this morning and it was 500. It's now at 400. I don't have a doctor because no insurance. At this level should I go to the ER?

Yes, you should go to the ER.

The ER Doctors will only be glad that you can before landing into more complications. At a level of 400-500 you are at high risk of a complication called Diabetic Ketoacidosis, which can render you unconscious and put you in grave danger. You will require insulin infusion, IV fluids and support.

I understand it might be difficult for you to get medical care without insurance. But on the other hand Diabetic related complications can be deadly and can be much bigger financial stress than treatment of Diabetes itself.

As of now there is very little you can do / self treat at home. Please get medical help asap.

Please feel free to ask a followup question.