Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.
I understand your concern. I will require some additional information form you so that I can give you a more solid and learned opinion.
1. Is the pain anyway related to food intake ? Like pain increases after food intake / gets relived after a meal ?
2. Do you feel pain if you press the area ?
3. Do you have any heartburn
4. Do you have a history of weightloss
5. Do you have a normal bowel movement ? Is there a history of loose dark stools ?
You can reply as a followup
Patient replied :
pain increases after meal
yes there is pain if i apply pressure
i do get heartburn and i am on nexium
no weight loss
no dark stool
the pressure is pushing on the ribcage upper right side
i have high blood pressure and drink daily
Thank you for the reply.
There are two strong possibilities here :
1. A worsening peptic ulcer
2. An infection or inflammation of the gallbladder.
Both have overlapping symptoms and you seem to have these symptoms. The locations is also characteristic. For now I would recommend you to avoid alcohol, spicy and irritant foods. DO NOT take pain medications. Take Nexium without food regularly. If the pain persists you will require additional investigation like a complete blood count, ultrasound abdomen and a Upper GI endoscopy.
I will keep this consult open, so that you can get back to me at a later stage.
Hope this helps
Feel free to ask followups