Gastroparesis.

I have acid reflux and ibs. I take prilosec in the morning and pepcid at night. I have developed a new symptom. I've been having a feeling of fullness in my stomach since last Wednesday. I've been eating small meals but I feel fulll before I eat anything. I 've also been burping a lot and having constipation. I feel very uncomfortable and I am getting worried because I don't know what's wrong. I don't know what to do. Please give me some advice. Thank you

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I went through your post about fullness of the abdomen. This fullness could be either due to increased gas or poor funtioning of the stomach (Gastroparesis).
For relief of symptoms, you need to take prokinetic medications along with prilosec. If you are from USA the prokinetics available is Metoclopramide.

This is actually a symptom patter of IBS. There is nothing to worry as the symptoms will resolve its own. If persisting take Metoclopramide in consult with your Doctor. You need to get an upper GI endoscopy and blood glucose test done if this continues to trouble you even after medication.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University