Hair loss, reduced thickness of hair after changing place.

I am a software engineer aged 23. In my teens I was having long and thick hair.Due to water problems and lack of care, I was suffered from severe hairfall.After the change of place it was ok. But now I am facing again severe hairfall. I am really worried about this. I don't have any medical problems. Day by day the thickness of my hair hair is deteriorating. While washing and combing my hair I can see lots of hair in my hands. Please help me.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

Losing upto 100 hair a day is considered normal. If you lose more than that it's a cause for worry.

I would suggest you to not worry much over it. You could improve your diet with more proteins, iron, calcium n vitamins.

You can take a multivitamin tablet containing the vitamin biotin to help tide over the situation. It takes 3 months for the hairfall to settle down.

Please let me know if you have any queries. Take care

Can u suggest me a brand for multivitamin tablets ? And also I feel that my hair fall per day is more than 100. I heard somewhere that biotin has some side effects. Is this true? Please suggest me what to do now?

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern.

Nowadays hairfall is a common problem seen among all age groups. Losing upto 100 hair a day is considered normal.

Usually hairfall could be a result of nutritional deficiency or following an illness or a stressful period. The hair cycle is of 3 months and it takes that long to tide over the hairfall.

I would recommend a well balanced diet and oral supplements containing biotin.

If the hairfall increases a lot, application of minoxidil lotion could be beneficial.