Healed PERFORATED BOWEL in rehabilitating with MEMORY LOSS.

my 86 year mother spent 4 weeks in hospital after having a purforated bowel. her illness has now healed. she is re abilatating in the local community hospital... her mobility is excellent, the only problem now os she is having some memory loss..

A lot of elderly people after any major surgery. show some amount of mental impairment. Especially those people who are given GA over regional anaesthesia are more prone to memory loss. Even though the cause has not been established clearly, but most studies blame it on the inflammation that happens in the body as a result of the procedure, or to the GA itself directly.
Most people overcome this momentary memory loss and recover within 2 months.
Please feel free to discuss further,

my mum did NOT have any surgery as of such for the purforated bowel.. she was given anti biotics and given "NO" solid food as to rest the bowel.. Im just concerned of her memory loss of recent events happening around her.. thought she can remember some things, Im just concerned about her memory loss and is it 2 early to get a nuerologist to examine her ? I love my mum very much..

Thank you for the follow up.
I understand what you are going thorugh.
The fact that she had no surgery, gives a better prognosis of her impaired memory loss. In her age it is common to have slight memory loss which is triggered by any major trauma or sickness.
I can assure you with time, she will recover.
Please be patient.
However if she does not improve it is better to get a neurologist opinion.