Hepatitis with weakness.

I went to the store today and bought a lamb liver. It was over 2 pounds and it was yellowish orange, but the butcher said it was ok. I ate about 6 pieces and then after a little while i started feeling tightness in my chest, numbness down my left arm and weakness in my left leg. My friend said I also looked pale, and I got really tired. Can I have gotten sick from the liver? Was the liver bad? Am I going to get more sick? Please help
PS-Have had a full heart work up with in the past year and all has been normal (ekg, stress test, etc.)

I will need some additional information from you so that I can provide my best and learned opinion.
Meanwhile if symptomatic, uneasy or having any significant symptoms get to the ER without delay.

1. Do you have deviation of angle of face ?
2. Do you have any loss of bladder control ?
3. Any headache, nausea, vomiting ?
4. Any visual disturbances ?
5. Any trouble in speech ? Like slurring of speech / trouble finding words etc ?
6. Any abdominal pain ?

You can reply as a followup.

Your symptoms could be suggestive of stroke, which is unrelated to the lamb liver you consumed. I strongly recommend visiting an ER. I will keep this consult open indefinitely in case if you need any assistance.

with regards to the questions you had above, there is no issues except a slight headache and at one point it was like everything went black for a second (in my vision). I am feeling better now but tired.

Thank you for the reply.

In that case, the symptoms are unlikely from the lamb liver. There is a possibility of TIA - Transient Ischemic Attack or a mini stroke. This occurs when the blood flow to brain is bit diminished for a short time. This itself will not cause any problem, but has to be considered as a warning sign for a stroke.

Its good news that your symptoms are now resolved. However it is better if you get a basic neurological evaluation and few tests like - Carotid Doppler and Lipid function tests, just to be sure.

Let me know if you have any queries.
Hope this has helped
Feel free to ask followups

The numbness in my left arm, and weakness in my left leg happen almost on a daily basis. The tightness in my chest also (right by my left breast/armpit area)I also have been getting headaches almost everyday. This has been ongoing on and off for about a year or so. It was just a lot worse today then it has been. Are there other symptoms I should look for that would warn me there is a stroke coming? Should I be worried?

You should not wait for a 'stroke' to occur, as the evolution will be rapid with no time for immediate therapy. These are the warning signs. ! I am saying you have stroke. In Fact the probability is indeed less, but even this is safe to undergo baseline set of tests and make sure everything is alright.

Feel free to ask followups