High grade cervical dysplasia

In 2009 a PAP test came back abnormal. A colposcopy and biopsy were done wich removed the spots. The test came back low grade dysplasia and positive for HPV. A year later it was back and larger than before. A LEEP was done and the area was removed. 2 years later it came back and I had to switch my doctor. I've kept up with PAP tests and just had another colposcopy and biopsy done and the results came back that it's now high grade. On top of this I have had heavy periods that were being controlled with a Mirena IUD. It was removed when I had the biopsy done. So between the dysplasia, periods and needing birth control, what are my best options.

Thanks for writing to DoctorSpring.com with your health concern.

For high grade cervical dysplasia, particularly one that is persistent, removal of the tissue is your best option.
I would now advice a cervical conization ( if fertility is not an issue ), and then birth control with regular surveillance and follow up.

While being on birth control, it is best to have surveillance, or opt for condoms.
Tubal ligation is another option , again assuming fertility is not as issue, followed by an endometrial ablation for the heavy periods.

All the best.
Hope this helps, Please do revert.

A few people have suggested considering a hysterectomy.

That is always a plausible option.
The safest too by far.
However, you are just 29, way too young for it.
Would put it as a last option.
If fertility is not an issue, conization is an excellent option.