Pain in buttocks on sitting and constipation

Good Morning Doctor ,

For the last six months I am suffering from buttock muscle pain . It started in the upper buttock and slowly moved and now it's on either side of the rectum . Pain is in the muscles and I feel it only when I sits more . When I sleep ,stand or walk there is no discomfort . I consulted an Orthopedic surgeon and after examining me and X ray he referred to a Gen surgeon for possible problems in anal track . I don't have any discomfort for my urination or passing stools . Constipation normally occurs when I go late night parties occasionally . I am diabetic for last 10 years and now I am in insulin Mistard 70 - 30 . I had an angioplasty 3 years before and routine six month check shows no worries .I am now 49 yrs old male working as a construction director in a construction firm . Last one week I sense pain in the same area specified above when I use my muscle for controlling / stopping the flow stream of urine .
Doctor I need your advice for further treatment or any detail examinations ?

Harikumar

Category: General Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your consult at DoctorSpring.

The most common lesions in the anal canal and surrounding areas are fissure in ano,peri anal abscess. But,the pain will not be in the buttocks. Buttocks pain can be due to musculoskeletal cause or neurological.

Constipation leads to hard stools and can lead to fissure. But,the pain will be more during and after passing stools.

In sitting posture,sometimes the nerves will have pressure effect and so there will be pain in their supplying areas.As you are diabetic,the pain will be aggravated too.

The nerves supplying the bladder will supply to other areas alos.So,while you are controlling the urination,there will be pressure effect of the other areas which are supplied by the same nerve and you will experience pain.
I prescribe muscle relaxant tablet,B complex with B12 ,Rejunuron tablet to my patients with similar complaints.

You can try these with the advice of your physician/Surgeon.

If the symptoms does not subside,get an MRI of lumbosacral spine so that any compression of the nerves will be seen.

Do physiotherapy or slow walking.

Hope this helps, please feel free to discuss further.

Dr Haricharan Perigela

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela
Fellowship: DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2001
Residency: MS, General Surgery, Sri Venkateswara Medical College,Tirupathi, 2000
Medical School: MBBS, Kurnool Medical college, 1995