High pitched sound in ear on turning head. Cause?

I hear like a high pitched sound in my right hear this noise is not so loud but still annoying ,it seems it gets better if I turn and keeping my head turned right or left.

This kind of "noise" the shorter the louder , the longer the weaker but more annoying .

All this, seems to make my axiety worse

Years ago I was diagnosed  with mild  depression (went on Cymbalta for a couple of months) And Genaralized  Anxiety Disorder

At the moment on Lorazepam 2.5mg/die for insomia problems
Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your attention

Category: ENT Specialist

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com

You are suffering from tinnius of right ear.
You need to do an audiogram test to see status of your hearing and hearing nerve.
You can start tab. Ginkoba bilovas/ bilovas/ absolute 3G one daily for 3 months for treatment of
tinnitus.
You can continue Tab.Lorazepam, as insomnia will worsen it (usually tinnitus is more noticeable in
night)
If You are not getting improvement then you may require TRT (tinnitus retraining therapy) from local
ENT Specialist.

Hope this helps,

You are suggesting me taking some Ginkoba bilovas while some medical researces stated that is not effective unless it's taken as placebo http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003852.pub3/abstract;jsessionid=6D22031100E043B5EC3A1F55B1EC6C4E.f01t03

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 3 Days.

You are correct, there is no definitive proven treatment available for tinnitus. it is a difficult
condition to treat. But there are many reports for which suggest that ginkoba bilovas works in few
patints. As there is no significant side effect for this medicine i write this medicine for my patients
and in my experience at least 70 % of them get good improvement. So you can definitely try the medication.

Best regards

Dr. Sunil Jalan
DAA (Diploma in asthma and allergy) : Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2012
D.N.B (ENT), 2011
Residency - M.S. (Master post graduate degree in otorhinolaryngology),  Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2009
D.L.O. (Diploma in otorhinolaryngology) - Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2007
Medical School - M.B.B.S, S.P. Medical college, Bikaner, 2004