Human Papiloma Virus infection leading to anal warts.

Hello- I recently found tiny pink/ white colored tags near my anus that seem like skin tags . I went to the obgyn and she did not beleive they were warts or swab them but she did not think they were skin tags. Any additional thoughts on what these are or could she be wrong

These bumps also only appear there, not near vulva

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

From the picture, these seem to be anal warts. These are caused by hpv and are transmitted sexually.

The treatment for it would be application of aldara cream. This cream will require a prescription from your doctor.

Hope this helps, would be glad to answer any follow-up queries.

Thank you! As she didn't think they were is there a chance they are anything else? How long does treatment usually take and follow up before resuming sexual activity ( of course I will ask the dr but curious)

If she misdiagnosed then would you recommend seeing another doctor? My only concern us it seems to be an obvious potential cause when reading up on it yet she failed to do any further testing. I wasn't aware it was a potential diagnosis until after so I didn't even research the tests or ask.

They seem to be anal warts. It usually takes 3 to 4 months for the warts to resolve and it would be advisable to abstain from anal intercourse and use a condom for sexual intercourse(vaginal).

It would be best to take another opinion. It seems to be warts and its best to get it treated as soon as possible.

Warts tend to spread and are also contagious.