Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Irregular periods and lump on end of cervix

Resolved Question:

I am 28 years old with 2 kids, they are 9 and 8 years old one was born by C section the other naturally.

For a very long time. Have had irregular periods but they getting more odd I been bleeding consternation for 10 weeks sometimes only spotting.

I have been getting sharp pains in my lower side. For quite some time I been aware that I had a small lump on the end of my cervix however I am now aware that there are multiple Llangefni lumps.

I have always thought that there were cyists so didn't query about them, but now I am not so sure.
What do you think?

Category: OBGYN

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Infertility Specialist
Dr. Aarti Vazirani is online now

Expert:  Dr. Aarti Vazirani replied 4 Days.

Thanks for writing to with your health concern.

Could you please upload the ultrasound scan or the reports which have diagnosed these multiple lumps ?
Also, are you sure there is no spelling error in the query ?
' Llangefni ' lumps are unheard of.

You should definitely investigate irregular cycles, particularly the episode of bleeding constantly for 10 weeks, even if it is only spotting.
The possibilities could be PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome.

In this condition, the ovary is studded with multiple small cysts, none of them mature to form a follicle which ovulates, hence cycles are irregular and ovulation is unpredictable.

Also, endometrial hyperplasia ( thickening of the lining of the uterus ) leads to irregular cycles, with prolonged spotting, as the lining takes a long time to completely shed off.

Hypothyroidism or prolactin level alterations can lead to irregular cycles.
Ovarian cysts could be responsible, or there could be a polyp in the cervix or protruding from the uterus.

Sometimes, stress, tensions, weight gain, ingestion of medications that affect the hormonal axis, changes in diet or sleep patterns - these could be responsible, but since your irregular cycles are chronic, I think there is a basic underlying disorder.

You should consult a Gynecologist and have -
1. Internal check up - per vaginum and per speculum
2. Hormonal measurements - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, Lipid profile, DHEAS, free testosterone, fasting insulin
3. Pelvic ultrasound scan.
This much of a workup will definitely reveal the condition.

All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Dr. Aarti Vazirani
Category: Infertility Specialist
Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecolog, BJMC,Civil hospital, Ahmedabad, 2008
Post Graduate: MS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, 2008
Medical School: MBBS, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, 2004
Dr. Aarti Vazirani and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on


Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.