Is it possible that a partner can transfer a genital wart without HPV?

Hello doctor I want to ask a question regarding genital warts.Is there a possibility that it can come from a partner who is not having HPV. He develops genital warts at some point. Behind all this I have gone through many tests like pap smears, STD screens and believe me I have never got the report saying that it is abnormal. I want to know that do my husband got this virus from me as he swears that in the past he was all alone means no one was their in his life so, I am just trying to know the reason behind it. Is there any herpes pictures seen or it can be something by transmission.

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question and concern, if we talk In medical terms than the virus called human papilloma virus is one of the common STI ie sexually trasmitted infection which is transmitted during sexual intercourse and if we see the history of medical science then 90% cases are there in which the immune system of the body has naturally cleared HPV in two years of durtion. There are not as such chances of herpes pictures which can be seen in this case. As this virus is a transmitted infection so it gets transmitted through genital during anal and vaginal intercourse. HPV infections are the infection which generally do not develop health problem or the symptoms and somehow are not clearly seen in the report of your checkup. There is a possibility that a person may have this infection but he was unaware of this infection and it gets transmitted to one person to another during sexual intercourse which turns into genital wart.

According to me there are the chances of getting genital wart come from a partner who is not having HPV. Hope I have cleared your question.Best wishes.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center