Itch on anus after bowel movements, reoccuring UTI.

I had a UTI several weeks ago. I had to take two rounds of Antibiotics to cure it. It is now ok. For the past 10 days I have had an itch after moving my bowels. It lasts most of the day. It lets up in the evening & i sleep without any problems. There is no blood and my movements are soft and easy. I called my Doctor and she sent me an antibiotic steroid cream and said to use it for two weeks. It has only been four days but i do not feel it getting better (no worse either) A couple of weeks ago she game me a digital prostate exam and also took a stool sample. They were bot good. I am a 71 year old male. Should I wait the two weeks or go and have this looked at? I am very concerned about CANCER!! Thank You!!

Let me start by reassuring you, that this is in no way suggestive of cancer.
UTI in males is extremely complicated, and can take up to a month to heal. The peri-anal itching you have is not related to UTI, and since it is occuring after BM, it mostly points towards some chemicals in the food which is not getting digested and is irritating the tract in the process of passing out. Steroid ointment is the first line of treatment. So give ita few more days, and the irritation and itching should come down by then. If not you need to get the area examined and start treatment accordingly. You may need a stool examination done too.
However once again, this is no way suggestive of cancer. So please do not worry.