Pimple on the top of the upper lip.

Hi this just appeared on the top of my lip it does not hurt, I have severe anxiety issues, but is this a cold sore or not? I don't think it is it does not Itch, it is red, but I have gotten a pimple hear before please let me know. A photograph is attached. Thank You! I have been stressed but I dno I am freaked out, it does not hurt but looks red. It appeared 1 days ago and looks the same and just in this spot. There is NO tingling or burning, a little scratchy but that's not coming from the spot just moustache. Have also been experiencing dry lips as well.

Is it ;possible to get a red bump from stress/pimple? at this spot Ive had it before there.

I have been diagnosed with mild OCD i keep checking and re-checking...nad checking an re-checking, I keep observing it and touching it.

I tested for negative HSV 1 last month I have kissed one or 2 girls but they have nothing present or not shedding. Thanks.

Photo is attached where finger is pointing. Now I feel like my anxiety is kicking in and I am feeling wierd feeling on for 10 minutes and off because I am thinking of things.

It is nowhere else around my lips. It has been 5 HOURS since my question and there is NO PAIN after I took a shower I felt better. It is not itchy or burning. I think if it were a cold sore it would have blistered by now.

The first picture worst then it is.

It doesn't look like a bump kind of flat with no pain.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern. I apologize for the delay in replying to your concern.

It seems to be a pimple and not a cold sore.

Cold sore would have a cluster of blisters which would have been fluid filled.

In your case it just seems to be a pimple. I would the application of clindamycin gel twice daily or neosporin cream twice daily for a week. That should heal the lesion. A prescription would be needed for the clindamycin gel.

I would like to reassure you that it doesn't seem worrisome and it will heal soon.

Thank You for your reply Doctor I really appreciate it and it puts my mind at ease.

Here are more things I want to ask,

-There is No PAIN, NO ITCHING, NO BURNING,
-There are no Clusters of blisters.

Questions:

-If I noticed it 24 hours ago would have blistered by now already and had some pain? (If it was a cold sore)

-Is it possible to get a pimple/blemish anything bumpy on the border of the upper lip?

-Did you get a chance to look at it/The Pictures? thoroughly it has been about 24 hours and still looks red and not bumpy.

-When will this sort of pimple go away?

-It kind just came out of no where no burning leading up, I do have a moustache and usually when I over grow my moustache which I have, I do get a little irritation plus I am stressed.

I have responsible seually since I got last tested and kissed only 2 girls whom didn;t have anything present.

Could please answer these questions? Thanks

Also a pimple is considered a lesion?

WHAT IF THIS IS THE EARLY STAGES OF IT, freaking out. I tested NEGATIVE a couple months ago, maybe I am resistant as I have a good immune system.

I will surely answer all your questions.

Pimple is considered a lesion.

Pimples can occur on the border of the lips.

Cold sore can start with redness and go on to form a cluster of blisters, there is no definite time period but usually happens within a day or two.

I had a look at the pictures but it looked like a pimple in the photo. If you want to send me a photo again of how it looks at present, I will be happy to look at it.

This kind of pimple takes a week to resolve.
It is unlikely to be an early phase. As I said the pimple will resolve.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.

Here is it after almost two days looks the same, No blisters, no pain or itching, looks like its going away. Please be honest and forthright with me :)

PHOTOS are attached I am pointing to the area.

Thanks for your reply and the photos.

I am being honest with you and it doesn't look like herpes. It seems just like a pimple and it should go away with cream application like neosporin.

It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.

Ok great, It has been 2 days and i just had a game there is no pain. Usually by now it would have blistered or began to blister right?

I think its starting to look to dry out but it is not painful and NO BLISTERS have formed, there is NO PAIN, NO ITCHING, NO TINGELING it has been 2 FULL days. Looks like a pimple peeling trying to upload a picture but it won't let me.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

Admin message -

Request you to send the picture to info@doctorspring.com. We will forward it to the concerned Doctor.