Itchy patches and spots spreading on face.

Hi doc,

From the last week, I started developing some round and itchy patches on face. It occurs on my chin and above eyelid. All of them are not identical in shape. Some are small and was like white puss spots. It seems that they are spreading and getting bigger. Also, experiences scabbing feeling with them. Please help me at the earliest.

Thank you for consulting with Doctor spring. I’d like to tell you that it is necessary for a dermatologist to look at examine your skin to come to a proper diagnosis. Also, common language regarding skin conditions is quite misleading, so I recommend you to visit your dermatologist at the earliest. Meanwhile you could look at pictures of various pustular conditions of the skin to read up before going to your dermalogist.

If your lesions are enlarging and discharging a liquid, it is most likely to have become infected. Do not handle your face with dirty hands, try not to touch your face at all unnecessarily. More importantly, do not scratch your face as it could aggravate the problem. I would suggest you take an anti histamine like cetrizine or loratidine to control the itching. Use separate towels for your face and body. Avoid sharing towels.

I hope the information provided was useful to you.