Reoccuring throat infection even after treatment with ANTIBIOTICS.

About two months ago my throat got infected and i went to a doctor who he said it was probably just allergies and gave me some medicine. After taking it for a week (until it ran out) it looked like the infection went away, but about five days later came back. Then I went to another doctor who tested me for strep throat, and even though the test came back negative, she treated it as strep. The medicine worked and I thought it was completely healed but then yesterday, after smoking a cigarette, I noticed something weird and completely different on the back of my throat. I am 19 years old patientold, have never had oral sex but occasionally smoke. When my throat got infected the first time I quit smoking and just recently started again. I didn't know if it was just irritation from smoking or something more serious?

Category: ENT Specialist

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
you are suffering from recurrent thorat infection and irritation for 2 months.
you are treated for allergy and strep infection.
In picture of your oral cavity there is granulation on your posterior pharyngeal wall, which is not a
serious issue. many times this is due to simple acid reflux. this is not due to infection.
so you can start Tab. Rabeprazole 20 mg once in morning for a month. avoid spicy food, tea, coffee,
smoking to reduce acid reflux.

Best regards

Dr. Sunil Jalan
DAA (Diploma in asthma and allergy) : Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2012
D.N.B (ENT), 2011
Residency - M.S. (Master post graduate degree in otorhinolaryngology),  Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2009
D.L.O. (Diploma in otorhinolaryngology) - Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2007
Medical School - M.B.B.S, S.P. Medical college, Bikaner, 2004