Lichen Planus of penis

Hello Doctor,

There are these white, slightly raised, spots on the skin of my penis. Doesn't itch, but seemingly it has been increasing in area slowly. I'd like to know what are they and are they dangerous.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

They seem to be lichen planus. It's not dangerous. Its a benign condition of the skin.

The treatment for it would be application of cortisone cream daily for two weeks.

Lichen planus is an idiopathic condition , it has no cause.

Hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you doctor, it had really gotten me worried.

So which brand of cortisone cream should i go for.
When i read about it, it says it can also affect the scalp leading to itchiness and loss of hair, should i get it checked?

BR

Thanks for the follow-up.

Cortaid cream is a brand of cortisone cream.

It can affect scalp, nails, oral cavity n skin. In case you have lesions elsewhere you need to get it examined.