No period on due day and not pregnant

I am not pregnant but my period was due today and i didn't get it?
Could this be because I took the morning after pill twice in 72 hours? I am also on the regular pill so am wondering what to do about taking that if my period continues not to come

Thanks for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

The morning after pill is notorious for one side effect - it can affect your normal expected periods. It can delay or prepone your normal period - by a week, or sometimes by more, upto 10 days.
So yes, the delay could be due to the morning after pill.

Also, continue taking your regular pills as per the pack schedule. You do not need to discontinue them if the period does not come.

You would experience a withdrawal bleed during your pill free week / placebo pill week.

However, just take a pregnancy test to be doubly sure 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex.

Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

okay thank you, turns out i got my period a day after i sent this , should i still do a pregnancy test next week ( that will be three weeks after) or am i in the all clear as i did a test the day of the missed period and it was negative and also i have my period now?

Hi again.
Could you tell me the date of the last unprotected sexual encounter ?
Also, what day of the pill pack are you on ?
Do you have a full blown period bleed ?
Please do write back with the details requested so that I can formulate a better opinion.

It was the 18th of November , and today I will be taking the second active tablet of my new pack , and yes it was the full bleed

You do not need to take a pregnancy test as, you had a proper full blown period.