A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Non painful red spot on penis. STD/YEAST INFECTION?

Resolved Question:

Hello, I have a red spot a little smaller than an american dime on the shaft of my penis. I'm curious to if this is a yeast infection or some type of STD. The red spot seems to maybe be a non-painful blister type of spot but hard to tell. The area itself is not itchy but i seem to be itchy in the general pubic area (could be because im constantly thinking about it). Another redish spot where head meets shaft(circumsized). Willing to send pictures if that is okay?
Thank you.

Category: Dermatologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar is online now

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com. I am one of the in-house physicians at DoctorSpring.com. Your consult has been assigned to a STD specialist. Meanwhile, It would be advisable to share at least 1 high resolution picture of concerned area with the MD. You can upload as a follow-up query.
In-house Physician

Patient replied :

Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 3 Days.


Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com

I can understand your concern.

From the picture, it just looks like a red spot. I couldn't delineate the blister. Is there a fluid filled blister?

I would recommend application of mupirocin or neosporin cream twice a day for five days. It could be just a bacterial infection of the skin. However if you get a cluster of fluid filled blisters, I would recommend a course of valacyclovir as it could be genital herpes.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Take care,

Patient replied :

It is not fluid filled, just a red spot where there seems to maybe be some dried skin on the outer layer but no pain or fluid. So you believe this to just be a bacteria infection?

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 2 Days.

Thanks for your reply.
I just feel its just the beginning of a bacterial infection. I would recommend application of neosporin cream or mupirocin cream twice day on the affected area.
Please let me know if you have any queries. Take care

Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.