On Yasmin and query regarding periods in PCOD

Hi Doctor,

I'm very confused regarding my periods dates , actually i'm diagnosed with PCOD and using Yasmin for last 3 months. so this month on 28th i have planned an holiday , and i have completed 21 days pill today i.e on 18th November... so could u please suggest me if im supposed to postpone my periods by continuing 21 day pack back to back or else leave pill free and if i leave it pill free i'm not sure if ill get my periods within this 10 days . soo please suggest if it safe to continue yasmin back to back or wait for periods ??

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

As you are having PCOD, there is absolutely no way to predict when you will menstruate if you stop your pill today.

If you wish to postpone your period, continue taking the 21 day pack back to back.
Start the new pack right from tomorrow, and continue taking it back to back.

That way, you will ensure that you do not bleed on your holiday.

Leaving pill free will leave you with an area of unpredictability, which is best avoided.

All the best.
Hope this helps, Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

so it is safe to use yasmin back to back? will this cause any futhure problems like spotting and problems if i want concive.

thanks

Using Yasmin back to back for one cycle will not cause any problems in conception in future.

Also, it will not cause any spotting if so far you have not had any breakthrough bleeding with Yasmin.