Pain in pelvis with normal PET, MRI. BONE METS?

As you know I had pet, bone and mri scans last April. All negative. And have had chemo and AI's ever since.

I just had a pain (that lasted for just one or two seconds) in the top of my pelvis today. It was a pain I have never had before, and it felt like a hot poker. Could a pain that is so short be the early stages of bone mets? I have heard that even in the early stages, bone pain lasts longer than that, but I wanted to confirm it with you.

I am hoping that it can not be bone mets, because if that is true, I am going to keep worrying to see if it comes back.

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

A clinical decision of bone disease is considered based on insidiously progressing pain and not an intermittent self relieving pain. Additionally supported by imaging studies. Your previous studies were normal.
I would suggest you to repeat investigations as needed based on your oncologists's opinion and physical examination findings.
Kind regards

Thank you. So you are saying that since the pain is self-relieving, it is unlikely to be mets? Even in early stages?

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

I mean to say it is unlikely when you are currently on treatment and prior scans were negative.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.