Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Pain in right foot

Resolved Question:

I got affected with Plantar Fasciitis approx. 3 months ago and had its symptoms for last one year. Recently I have developed a pain in top of my foot. If I stand for a few minutes, the pain starts increasing and I feel some pressure is developing there. But now, it is seen developing even while sitting, and that is in right foot. It pains when I press fourth metatarsal. At times it radiates to my ankles also. I went and took and X-ray of my foot and it showed normal. When I told doctor about the problem, he was seen concerned more about treating PF, rather than listening to me. I don't know whether this pain is due to PF or something else. Sometimes it feels something like clicking inside foot without any swelling or bruise. I am really frustrated that it seems nobody can answer me and help me out. Hope that you can help me.

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 26 Doctors Online

Hello. Thanks for writing your query to us

I can understand how difficult it could be having this chronic condition unresolved.

Plantar fasciitis is condition where the fascia(connective tissue) that is present in the sole gets inflamed and leads to pain. It is a very common finding and is mostly seen in individuals who are athletes and obese, who project a strain on their soles. It is usual to notice pain initially for a few minutes after standing and it increases with walking. If untreated or improperly treated it could lead to a chronic non inflammatory condition that is more complicated.

In your case, the Plantar fasciitis itself might be the reason for long standing pain. The pain could also result from the inflammation of capsule around the metatarsals, called metatarsalgia. If these conditions progress, they would lead to pain in the ankle and knee joints. I would recommend the following to you:

1)Take rest for at least 3 weeks.

2)Do some massages that would relieve your pain

3)Do some stretching exercises regularly

4)Apply heat or cold compresses to combat inflammation

5)Use anti inflammatory medications to subside the effects of inflammation

6)Consult a podiatrist and an orthopedician for steroid injection and surgery in case of unresolved conditions.

Hope this helps.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news