Pain in the Chest Area

Once in a while i experience a strike of pain in my chest area. It lasts seconds and then goes away for another month.  I quit smoking 4 months ago and was worried about the state of my lungs. But the chest x-ray showed no abnormalities as well as my heart check up showed that my heart is in good health. Couple of months ago i had several panic attacks and i wonder if that pain may have been a cause of stress. What specialist should i pay a visit and what may it be?

Thank you for using ask a doctor from Doctor Spring.

If your hearth check-up and chest x-ray are normal, then the cause for chest pain would be due to gastric ulcer/ acidity. You must take care of your food habits carefully.Eat on time, do not skip meal, avoid taking alcohol often, and quit smoking. Avoid eating spicy food. If you are stressed at work or at home, go for relaxation therapy. Practise meditation or yoga. It helps in bringing down your stress and gives you healthy mind. You can take a course of antacid for a period of 7-10 days which will help to heal the ulcer already present in your stomach wall. You could take pantoprazole 20 mg half and before food in the morning and night for 7 to 10 days. You will definitely get relief from chest pain following a course of antacid therapy. You can consult a Gastero enterologist consultant for this problem.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have further questions.