Pain on one side of body, normal XRAY SPINE.

The issue is for my Mother(age 50 years). She has been experiencing mild bearable uneasy kind of a deep pain if she uses her left side too much usually during doing normal household work. There's no exact location for this pain cause she says that region is a bit numb.. it's more like happening around the region marked in the attached sample image document.

She feels relieved when that region is given something warm like a hot bag or rubbed palms.

As far as I remember this situation occurred few years back when we were shifting our house. While packing some heavy goods she experienced a cool liquid flowing out of this region inside her body. Although nothing happened all these years now she is having this pain.

The pain increases if she bends her back, uses her left hand too much(if she does use her left hand too much then that region starts tingling sensation of pain). Local Doctors out here said she needs to be at rest other than this we don't really understand what is happening to her!

We had done some Xrays of the spine region but it came normal..

Need your help please!

Since X-RAY spine is normal, there is nothing serious to be worried about.
The area you encirlced, indicates the scapular region and there are muscles around that region prone to sprain. Can you tell me what kind of movements exactly aggravate the condition, like movements only involving shoulder or any left sided movement?
Also does rest reduce the pain? Pain relieved on warm water compress indicates inflammatory pain which again indicates spraining.
Have you tried any medicines so far?

Hello Doctor,
Thank You so much for understanding my concern for my mother :-)
Here's my answers to your queries:
1) Movements that aggravate this condition is like bending down to pick up something on the floor, raising her left hand to put wet clothes on the string, sleeping on her left hand side. She(My Mother) says that if she picks up something heavy like a cooker pot with her left hand then that area starts the spiky, tingling sensation of pain and continues for quite sometime.. If she keeps the heavy thing down then the pain starts reducing. She fears her left side is slowly becoming paralyzed although I comfort her nothing of that sort is going to happen.
2) Yes! If she stays at rest the pain goes away completely.
3) No she hasn't taken any medicines for this problem because the local doctors said being at rest is the best way to avoid this. So she didn't take any medicines.

Yes it confirms a muscular sprain and hence rest relieves it.
She should avoid doing heavy work, and straining her left side since it seems to be the weaker side.
Whenever she has pain you can use local anti inflammatory spray such as Volini for quick relief.
There is nothing to worry about.

Okay.. but most of the local doctors out here said to avoid volini spray :( although we have applied volini, moov at times but they are not really that effective! So can you suggest anything other than volini?
Is there anyway to get rid of this muscular sprain completely? Cause it doesn't seem to go away.
Also is there any type of yoga or maybe exercise to prevent this sprain from happening?
Any sort of food restrictions or maybe any medicinal supplements?

Yes I will advise you to schedule a few physiotherapy sessions for her. It is really beneficial in such muscle related spasms.
Also, the physiotherapist will guide her on some back strengthening exercises which will be helpful for her.
She can also take a course of Tab. Myospas twice daily for a week after food.

Ohkay :-) Thanks a lot Doctor for your help! :-)
Does Myospas have any kind of side effects? Twice daily so can she take it after her lunch and dinner?
I had another query related to the muscle.. can I ask?

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

I am sorry only 2 follow ups are allowed for family physician queries.
This was your last follow up.
Myospas has no side effects when taken after meals. One can be taken after brekafast and one more dose can be taken post dinner.
Wish her good health!