Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Pain when urinate and on sitting. Treament?

Resolved Question:

My dad was recently in Philippines on business trip, just some day after he got home he got sick (something similair to urine infection) hurts when he urinate, with severe pain and now even when he sit. The doc cant find any bacteria but i heard there is food parasites insects and virus that can cause this as well? Please give me any advice on what to do and what it could be!!

Best Regards


Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 29 Doctors Online

Dear sir,
Thank you for your query at

It is probably not related to any food parasites.
If his urine has not grown anything then there is a possibility that he has prostatitis and a rectal examination needs to be done to confirm the same. You should start your father on antibiotics such as ofloxacin or doxycycline and alpha blockers such as Tamsulosin.
Feel free to discuss further,
Take care
Rajiv Goel

Patient replied :

He alrdy tried all that, nothing with prostatis or rectal. He also tried antibiotics for abt 2weeks now. It started as a pain when peeing then it grew more and more severe, now it hurts all time and when he urinate its like a razor cutting he says, it even hurts when he sit down, he can barely sleep at all without extremly powerful painkillers. And like i said it all started after Philippines, he travels alot in his work in asia. And the fact the docs here can't find anything and it shows nothing on the tests (prostatis rectal or bacteria) I rly hope you can help me. Thanks

Dear sir
You need to talk to your doctors to rule out interstitial cystitis and start him on oral sodium pentosan sulfate. This may help.
Travelling to Asia does not put him at increased risk of any specific disease but it certainly increases chances of tuberculosis. However in tuberculosis, urinalysis shall show plenty of pus cells.

Take care
Rajiv Goel

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news