Pain with shoulder blade protruding more than other. Cause.

My girlfriend is experiencing shoulder pain, and her right shoulder blade seems to be protruding out more than the other when she holds her arm in certain ways.

I need a few more details to get a clearer picture.
- Did she suffer any shoulder injury/ trauma to shoulder?
- What's her age?
- Does she have diabetes?
- Has an X- RAY been taken?
Kindly reply to the questions, and i will get back to you.

She is 27 years old and has not suffered any obvious trauma, though she has been lifting more due to the fact that she is helping me move. She is not diabetic and we haven't taken an x-ray. Also, the right shoulder makes loud obvious clicking sounds when rolled or rotated as opposed to the normal left one. Driving is painful for her when the hands are on 10 and 4 so she has been steering underhanded on 5 and 7. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for the follow up.
It seems like a ligament sprain, and she needs to rest her right shoulder joint.
Some of the causes that need to be ruled out after an x ray is : Bursitis ( inflammation of the fluid filled scas that help in reducing friction in the shoulder joint, limiting the range of motion/ROM ), tenosynovitis, where the tendond get inflamed, and a plain ligament sprain.
She needs to rest and limit her activities with the affected shoulder as far as possible. Also she can take Tab. Advil 400 mg twice daily for 5 days after food. If the pain still does not subside an x ray will be required and a follow up with Orthopaedician will be helpful.

Thank you for the help, but what is tab?

Tab. Advil is Ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory, which reduces inflammation through out the body.
Espeically helpful in muscle or joint related problems.
It seems her pain is more due to an inflammation, and hence i suggested.
Can you update me after 3 days, if the pain subsides.
Kind Regards.