Painful headache, cold symptoms, no desire to eat. Cause?

Here is some information:

- 81 year old female
- cold symptoms started 1 week ago
- painful headache on one side of the head only
- vomiting and dry heaving
- no desire to eat
- stays in bed
- recent development of unusual skin sores or rash on one side of the face only
- extremely painful to touch one side of her head
- picture of face attached

My mother refuses to go see a doctor, but I am concerned the recent skin issue may be an indicator that her situation is extremely serious.

It may or may not be related to the current situation, but she may have cancer. She has multiple lumps in her breasts (plum size) along with large growths in the armpit area. This is on the same side of her body as the recent situation.

I am looking for any insight that you can provide given the limited information, specifically the possible causes of the skin issue.

She has got shingles. Its also called herpes zoster. She needs to given anti viral oral medication called valacyclovir. She will need a prescription for the same from your doctor.

Application of mupurocin cream twice a day for a week will aid in healing. She can be given medications to treat the headache after conferring with her doctor about the suitability in her case. She needs to see a doctor for the lumps in the breast n armpits.

Shingles is caused by the re activation of the varicella zoster virus. It needs treatment at the earliest. If not treated it leaves behind a lot of pain.