Vaginal break out after using Mirena IUD

So I decided to get the mirena IUD and close to a month after I got it, My vagina starting breaking out and turns out I was positive with Herpes, I could have had it for a while and not even know it, right?? Why does the IUD make me break out so much? I've herd this is common. Should I get the IUD taken out and just go on the pill? I have never had a break out before the IUD, and I didn't have sex for almost a month after it was inserted in me, so there's no way someone could have gave it to me after, so I must have had it before the IUD but never had a break out, should I risk getting it removed and see if the break out routine changes??

Hello, I understand your concern. The symptoms that you have described are probably suggestive of a condition known as Bartholin's cyst. Bartholin ‘ s cyst is formed when its duct is blocked either by inflammation or by secretions. It appears as a swelling on the inner side of the junction of the anterior two thirds with the posterior one thirds of the labium major. A small cyst remains asymptomatic, but a larger one bulges across the vaginal introitus and causes dyspareunia that is painful sexual intercourse, discomfort and may get infected when it needs excision or marsupialization. The latter is easy to perform, causes less bleeding and retains the function of the gland. In this, an incision is made over the cyst, and the epithelial lining is sutured to the skin. The opened end eventually shrinks. You can do sitz bath thrice a day after every motion for 2o minutes and use warm towel compresses to reduce the swelling. Use condoms while doing sex to prevent the spread of infection. An intrauterine device (IUD) is commonly used contraceptive to prevent pregnancy. It is best to get the IUD removed by the doctor carefully using the strings. You can use painkillers like tablet ibuprofen after food twice a day for a week. If the swelling does not subside after a week, you can consult your obg-gyn doctor. Thank you.