Painless bump on the shaft of penis.

About two months ago, I noticed a small, hard, painless, fluid-less, colorless bump on the shaft of my penis. Since then, it has remained the same size and has not been painful or irritated. I visited the Health Services at my school, but due to lack of insurance in my school's area, I was unable to be chemically tested. Upon visual observation, the doctor said it did not appear to be genital warts, but a small papule, and recommended that I treat it with a hot compress. I have an image link with a close up of the bump readily available, if it helps. Since I can't visit a doctor back home for a few weeks, I'd like to know what this actually is specifically and any possible treatments.

It seems like you have Fordyce spot.

Fordyce spots are physiological bumps on the penis that occurs in adolescents. They are just sebaceous glands over penis and they are not harmful. They are not sexually transmitted and usually don’t require any form of treatment. They usually occur on shaft or head of the penis but sometimes also occur on the lips. If you are very anxious about the way it looks, then there are a few dermatological procedure that can remove them .The only downside being they are expensive.

Here are my recommendations-

1) Learn to ignore it and accept it as a part of yourself. Remember they are completely harmless and do not cause any morbidity.

2) There are a few dermatological procedures for which you will have to consult a dermatologist near you. The procedures are

a) Electro desiccation

b) Pulsed dye lasers

c) CO2 laser

3) Fordyce spots are usually accompanied by anxiety and depression in the individual .If you feel low and anxious do not hesitate to consult a therapist or a psychiatrist.